The University of Ostrava (Czechia), Department of Human Geography and Regional Development offers a post-doc position in economic and urban geography. Position Status: 12-month duration, full-time. Location: Chittussiho 10, 710 00 Ostrava – Slezská Ostrava, the Czech Republic. Principal Investigator: doc. RNDr. Petr Rumpel, Ph.D. Salary: Net monthly wage will be approx. 2,300 EUR.
- Application opening: 15. March 2019
- Position opening: position is available no later than from 1st September 2019
The successful candidate will join the Department of Human Geography and Regional Development (http://study.osu.eu/about-university), more precisely the Centre of City and Regional Management (CCRM) led by Associate Professor Petr Rumpel (http://www.mestskymarketing.cz/en/). The key activities will include completing assignments related to the implemented research in close cooperation with the members of CCRM as well as active participation in the preparation of joint research projects.
Specification of a successful candidate for post-doc position:
- In last three years the candidate spent at least two years in other country than the Czech Republic on half-time or full-time job (work load 0.5 or more) or to study a PhD degree outside the Czech Republic;
- The successful candidate will hold a PhD in human/economic/urban geography, urban sociology, regional economy or related areas (no later than 7 years from the defence of the doctoral thesis);
- Adequate publishing activity including at minimum two publications (WoS/Scopus/ERIH) in the last 3 years;
- Active knowledge of English (in both written and oral form), other languages gain advantage;
- Experience in basic and applied research;
- Research in some of the following areas: old industrial areas/cities, shrinking cities/regions, post-socialist urban development, cultural and creative industries;
- Experience in the economic and institutional transformation in Central Europe welcomed but is not essential for the job;
- Ability to work in a team.
The candidate for post-doc position will send the following documents to associate professor Petr Rumpel (petr.rumpel(at)osu.cz) no later than 1th May 2019:
- Curriculum vitae in English;
- List of academic publications;
- Copy of the doctoral diploma.
For further information, please contact associate professor Petr Rumpel (petr.rumpel(at)osu.cz) or Ondřej Slach (ondrej.slach(at)osu.cz).