On January 27, 1918, The Polish Geographical Society was established in Warsaw. On the 100th anniversary of this historical event for Polish Geography on January 27, 2018 (Saturday) at 11 AM in the Staszic Palace in Warsaw, a solemn, extraordinary session of The Main Board of The PGS will be held, accompanied by an occasional scientific session.
The ceremony is co-organized by The Polish Geographical Society and The Geographical Sciences Committee of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
- Opening ceremony
- Special speeches
- Awarding ceremony PTG
- Presentation of a special postcard published on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of The PGS
- Photo presentation 100th anniversary of The PGS in 100 countries
- A hundred years of activity for Polish geography – prof. Antoni Jackowski, Chairman of The Main Board of The PGS
- Perspectives for the development of Polish geography – prof. Marek Degórski, Chairman of The Geographical Sciences Committee of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Panel discussion with prof. Florian Plit, prof. Wojciech Stankowski, prof. Jan Szupryczyński (former Chairmans of The Main Board of The PGS), and prof. Antoni Jackowski (Chairman), moderated by prof. Urszula Myga-Piątek (Vice-Chairman)
The National Patronage of The President of The Republic of Poland, Andrzej Duda, on the Centenary of Independence
The Year of Polish Geography 2018
Patronage of Scientific Journals:
Photo by: Tomasz Rachwał